[Cob] Earthen plaster & CEILINGS

ocean ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Wed Jun 14 12:10:16 CDT 2006

Kiko has found the easiest way to adhere earthen plasters to a stud
wall is on top of standard drywall sheathing - the mud sticks very well
to the cardboard surface of the drywall.  We've also used the extruded
metal lathe (intended for stucco applications) over wooden sheathing.
If you apply drywall to the ceiling, the mud should stick well there
too.

(Kiko doesn't think mud plasters will stick as well to wooden lathe,
due to the high expansion of clay plasters.)

Ocean
Intaba's Wood Fired Eatery
http://www.intabas.com