[Cob] Please can someone tell me how to unsubscribe from these emails.

Nikki Tilley nikki.tilley at pioneertv.com
Fri Jun 23 03:47:23 CDT 2006

Thank you.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: ocean [mailto:ocean at woodfiredeatery.com]
	Sent: Thu 22/06/2006 21:41
	To: coblist at deatech.com
	Subject: [Cob] Re: Wet cob and forms

	We've mixed cob in a small gas-powered cement mixer.  First using a 1/2
	drill with a large drywall mud-beater, we whipped the clay into a wet
	slip.  We added added the slip to sand in the mixer, letting the mixer
	turn until uniformly coating sand with clay.  This is a wet slurry of
	sand and clay, to which we added dry straw, mixing until the straw was
	uniformly covered.  The straw absorbed some of the excess water, making
	a wet cob, which couldn't be built up more than 8" or so per day.

	But I've often wondered if we'd mixed several batches at once, then
	dumped them all in a pile and let it sit a few days.  The excess water
	would drain out and the cob might then be a better building/sculpting
	consistency.