[Cob] PaperCob!

GlobalCirclenet webmaster at globalcircle.net
Thu Jul 6 14:49:01 CDT 2006

Sure heat loss through walls is a huge deal - if you have no insulation at all in the walls. But you have to compare total heat loss for the whole house, conventional insulation versus straw in the walls with conventional everywhere else. Why? Because you can't make a roof of strawbales. Straw can only raise the R-value in the walls, not the whole house. And adding R-value in walls  above that of standard insulation reaches a point of diminishing returns on investment. Gee, why not make a house of popsicle sticks? Why limit it to straw?

paul tradingpost at lobo.net

--Henry David Thoreau