[Cob] chicken coop in portland

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 06:45:24 CDT 2006

Dear coop builder,  I think the first place to look for clay would be around
a construction site.  Is anyone building a new house in your neighborhood?
That's usually the easiest.  I'm not familiar with your area so can't help
with the other questions but on the your coop design ,I had a suggestion.
You might want to set your windows in so they are flush with the interior
and then put in free standing roosts.  Chickens are some of the poopingest
animals around and I think they could ruin your interior plaster if they
were able to roost on your windowsill.   Just a thought.