[Cob] new earthen floor on old concrete floor

JBurn48309 at aol.com JBurn48309 at aol.com
Thu Aug 24 13:28:23 CDT 2006

Good morning - My greatest concern about your situation is  whether the
information you seek of the people here who are experienced in cob  construction is
asked under circumstances that will hurt greater acceptance of  it in the
building industry.   After 4 years of learning from these  folks, I believed one
of the important goals of this list discussion was to help  people who wanted
to build a cob home convince architect engineers and the  engineers at county
building departments that cob is a legitimate,  affordable and environmentally
friendly form of housing.  This, in my  humble opinion, means when a
discussion occurs on this list, everyone  assumes the chosen site is  both residential
and  habitable.  I grew up in Europe and lived in and around houses built of
stone and earth in a small village that dated back to the 1800's  --  my home
will repeat the best of those memories.  I am grateful for the  wisdom shared
on this mail list because, otherwise, I would never be able to  afford to own
a home again.  Thanks for listening.   JB

In a message dated 8/24/2006 12:49:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,