[Cob] building with stones, was: Re: composition of clay mortar for urban...

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 15:23:45 CDT 2006

I am curious, where do you buy quicklime? I have always bought my materials
at a brick and mortar place and all they sell there is hydrated lime (AKA
Limoide) for about $6.50 a bag. With Hydrated lime you do not have the heating
problem because that part is already done.
    Also why would you buy quicklime? Is it cheaper? It  certainly does not
appear to be easier to use. The first natural building  project I worked on
someone tried mixing quicklime in a cheap cement mixer with  a plastic tub and it
melted the tub.
Ed