[Cob] RE: what you put over an earthbag foundation etc

hazel reagan hdanene at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 11:20:01 CDT 2006

We used earth bags with a facade of serpentine stone.  This stone is abundant in Southern OR where we live, but has no compressive strength. Also, we used river rock for our first two courses of earth bags.

  Hazel Danene

Patrick Newberry <PNewberry at habitat.org> wrote:
.. i am thinking ishould go around the outside of the house with rocks and build the cobb walls off of these stones. has anyone else used the poly bags
for their foundation and if so how did you deal with this issue.