[Cob] Washington DC

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 14:33:07 CDT 2006

We are going to have a final cob workshop on the  Clarindon structure
September 30, and I will be fabricating the roof for at  least one of the cob
playhouses this weekend. The workshop will start around  9:00 AM.
    If we have enough people we will also do the lime  plaster on the
cob/straw bale bicycle shed.
    The cobbing is completed on the cob/straw  bale/living roof bicycle shed.
This is a concept structure designed to  prove the feasibility of a passive
solar hose using cob and straw bale in  combination. It was also built to test
out a particular construction method  using straw bales to partially support
the roof during construction.
    I have written up a detailed description of the  structure along with
photographs. This can not be sent through the coblist  but it is available to
anyone who will send be an E-mail off the list and I am  happy to answer
questions on the phone.
    Also, if you need directions to get to the  Clarindon work cite for
Saturday please send me an E-mail off the list.
Ed @ 703-360-2316