[Cob] mixing cob with a truck

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 09:11:26 CDT 2006

seems like it's been done with a bob-cat (skid steer job).  It might work
better than a truck, especially if it had tracks, because the tracks would
cut down into the mix better and the turning radius is next to nothing.  But
a truck would be worth trying.  No experience here.  We're even mixing our
light clay--clay-straw--by hand instead of with pitchforks (not from any
desire to be "all natural" but because we don't need much at a time for two
of us to put up on a short wall.  If we really really wanted to be all
natural we wouldn't use rubber gloves).
Carrie wrote:
Do any of you have any experience with mixing cob by driving back and
forth over it?  I have a late-starting project I want to hurry and
finish, and I'm grasping at straws.