[Cob] Wool Batting for Insulation

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Sun Nov 19 11:52:09 CST 2006

Howdy!

I am wondering about the possible demand for wool batting for use in
insulation for a cob building. It would, of course need to be washed...and
treated with Borax or similar debugger, and batted/woven together.

The reason I'm asking is that my new son-in-law has a herd of sheep...and is
looking for a market for the wool this spring. He recently moved here from
Belgium, and is trying to plan how to use the wool.

For him, wool is secondary, as he uses the sheep for grazing sensitive
wetland areas, parks, etc...in lieu of needing herbicides.

We are in Western WA.