[Cob] RE: interior walls

paul dotpaul at paulleblanc.net
Sun Jan 21 14:57:35 CST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "claysandstraw" <kindra at claysandstraw.com>
To: <coblist at deatech.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 11:18 PM
Subject: [Cob] RE: interior walls

> Hey Tys!  If you want straight and thin interior walls (3-4in) I would
> personally recommend  "rammed straw" (aka light-clay-straw).  You can
> frame
> in with almost anything including roundwood or salvaged wood making the
> walls structural then build in the clay-straw once the roof is on.

Does cob lend itself to being applied to a chicken-wire frame?  I saw that
done up in VT with cement.  They framed out the whole house with
chicken-wire (2-3 wraps overlapped) and applied cement to it by hand.  It
made for a very strong domed home that got bermed (after spray foam applied
to the outside for insulation).  I'm wondering if cob can be applied to
chicken-wire in the same way.