[Cob] RE: OK, this is a heart throb for me

Deborah Terreson foodandart at comcast.net
Sun Jan 28 19:09:06 CST 2007

Hola Chuck!

Remember that if you DO choose NH to retire to, you're going to be living in
a state that has NO income taxes - cob or not, right now the state is
tax-heavy on any property. And they do NOT care if you're retired and on a
fixed retirement income or not. Upcountry Maine may be a better choice -
you'll want to be away from the coast. I know towns near here (I live in
Portsmouth N.H.) that actually have minimum square footage requirements. As
far as I can tell, it's because they do not want marginally taxable homes
being built - only BIG ones that make nice fat juicy tax-targets.

Deb.