[Cob] Radiant heat floors

hms.mommy at juno.com hms.mommy at juno.com
Mon Jan 29 02:52:01 CST 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:20:20 -0500 "paul" <dotpaul at paulleblanc.net>
writes:
> So nobody has ever devised an "easy maintenance" scheme?  I can see
that it's pretty challenging.<

I like the idea of using air as the medium of heat transfer rather than
water, for mainenance reasons.  Water is better at heat transfer, but the
consequences of failure are greater.  However, part of the problem with
air, aside from not being as efficient at transferring heat, is that
bacteria or soot can build up in the pipes.  In my mind I envision a
layout with a series of parallel pipes that can be accessed somehow for
regular cleaning.  In one ingenius scheme I found on the internet
somewhere, the fellow left a rope in the pipes.  He would tie a rag and
another rope to one end, then pull it through to clean the pipe, leaving
the second rope in place of the first.

Carrie