[Cob] Planter

Dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Feb 5 17:54:41 CST 2007

I plastered over a metal drum with my lime-paper mix and figured it
would all fall off.  but I also gave it one coat of waterglass.. and
after 2 wet winters nothing has got soggy, etc.!!!

the colors have faded from the sun, but the plaster itself has turned
back to a limestone, and the waterglass ( thick like egg white) seems
to have protected it.
  here is link to the photo, I used liquid bluing and drizzled it down
full strength, but now it is a light blue only..

the colorful glass"necklace" is broken pipe and bong glass tossed out
that I salvaged.

waterglass can be bought at reasonable cost from
www.chemistrystore.com.. type in sodium silicate

barbara Roemer gave me a small jarfull, and that is what I used, not
sure where she got it, or what brand/type.

here is an email from Ed