[Cob] Planter-tadlekt lime

Dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Feb 6 14:57:00 CST 2007

THe DRUM WAS SLICK ENAMELED STEEL. I USED A  blue ladies' DRESS NETTING
  stuck to a wet   (non toxic)  ASPHALT EMULSION  PAINTED ON TO MAKE A
SCRATCHY "TOOTHY"  SURFACE, THEN I COVERED WITH A CLAY & AE
[RUB-R-SLATE]   MIX,  left bumpy for more grip,   THEN THE LIME-paper
PLASTER.

And TADELEKT IS A PURE LIME PLASTER, not sure how they make a sink of
it, as it needs to be thin layers to cure like any lime- a 1-2" thick
lime plaster will stay soft for years or decades if sheltered from air.

Since the lime is turning back to limestone ALSO, the waterglass was an
aide, not a full solution I think.

  soaking a thin wafer of the paper -lime Does crumble if kept under
water.

Charmaine
  I question  man-made global warming and  have NO  financial or
emotional interest in the status quo.  real science tells the
truth-everything is cyclical