[Cob] RE: Oiling Cob [long and convoluted]

Shody Ryon qi4u at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 10 17:34:58 CST 2007

According to Dr. Maynard Murray, one way of looking at
the process of composting is that carbon molecules are
being removed making the elements inorganic (but good
for organic gardens) and bioavailabe to plants. Plants
attach carbon molecules to elements making them
organic, chelated and bioavailable to humans and
animals.
Acording to Udo Erasmus Ph.D., who is involved in
marketing flax, AKA linseed oil, states that flax has
omega fat which is used by the brain (brain food) and
goes rancid (or spoils) very easily.
(I have been told that gloden flax is a better choice
for nutrition and than brown flax which was developed
for other products.)
A acupuncturist I know who's subspecialties are herbs
and biodynamic gardening postulates that plants and
weeds that volunterily grow near a person's house (I
think she meant place where a person spends enough
time for plants to react in this way) often are trying
to give us things that we need. An example might be
parslane, a very unusual weed in that has many helful
qualities, including omega fat (if my memory serves).
The theory of either or both Macrobiotics or the
5-elements from China states that foods that resemble
human organs are often good for that organ. Walnuts
resemble brains and are considered brain food in one
of these systems. Walnuts have omega fat and go rancid
very easily as well. Walnut trees grow well in Ojai,
California, and in Portland, Oregon.
Normally I would assume that petroleum would be
missing  the carbon molecule but petroleum releases
carbon monoxide when burned, so I don't understand
this process in relation to composting.
Summarising
Both flax and walnut oil spoil easily, are omega fat
brain food and can be used to oil earth floors in a
raw but heated (I think the cut off between raw and
cooked is from 104F to 118F) state with out
turpintine.
Shody

Need Mail bonding?