[Cob] COB in Baja California

aimedespon at aol.com aimedespon at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 00:17:53 CST 2007

Hi everybody,
I have been following your emails for quite some time, but have not participated directly.
Well, I must thank all of you, since I have learned a lot of tips and discovered many related web sites that helped me build and resolve many construction problems at  my little complex down in in Baja, near Ensenada.

Today I finally got some time, as wells as a little help from my daughter to make a web page that briefly explains what am I doing :            http://cobinbaja.blogspot.com

Of course, many people have been visiting me since I started and have shown a great interest, and have responded enthusiastically.

Building the first round construction entirely by foot on tarp took about three to four months, to raise the wall up to the roof.  But it took me only three weeks to do the recent construction in December, thanks to the use of the concrete mixer.

The cob quality of the mixer is not has good as it is by foot, but good enough and worth the $30 dollar/day rent,  and have quickly made several tons of cob done.

Now here is my question, I know some of you have used a bobcat kind of tool to make quite good cob.
Besides, the bobcat would not only make a good cob mixer but prepare the floor as well, and bring a large amount of cob to the spot, and at the height it's needed

Looking at the market for those machine has been hard, so many type, if any of you has any experience with this  machinery, please give me your ideas.