[Cob] Hybrid Strawbale/Cob

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Tue Feb 20 11:43:48 CST 2007

Hello,
      SInce the north side of the building never gets sun, would it
be a good idea to construct the northern wall with strawbale because
of it's superior insulation value over cob? I was planning to install
a wood burning stove next to the northern wall too. Will strawbale be
the best option, or should I just go cob all the way? Another
question; I've heard cob has a heat transfer rate of about 1 inch per
hour. What about the heat transfer rate of a strawbale wall?

Thanks,
Damon Howell