[Cob] bobcat cob

claysandstraw kindra at claysandstraw.com
Wed Feb 21 23:07:07 CST 2007

Hi Amime, nice project, thanks for sharing the pics.
yes the beauty of the bobcat is that you can make several yards of cob in a
hour. I choose a bobcat over a tractor because you can turn it on a dime and
then perch it right off the house where it needs to go. OSHA might not
approve, but we stand right in the bucket and pitchfork the cob directly
onto the wall. I have found that renting a bobcat was more cost-effective
than purchasing...but those resources are readily avalible here in the
states.  The nuances of mixing also took some time to develop.
there are several photos of bobcat action in with other shots of our most
recent project...
http://www.claysandstraw.com/projects/JenniferFruth/phase1.htm
Kindra