[Cob] cob and The Code

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Tue May 1 16:56:33 CDT 2007

Hi folks,
	All this talk of moving cob onto the front burner with the building
industry is relieving to me. During the two years I've been studying
the subject, there hasn't been much talk about legalizing cob until
now. But it's funny and, of course ridiculous, that as Kindra points
out the modern codes are requiring some sort of "new research" that
legitimizes cob as a building material. They've lasted for hundreds
of years in every climate around the world! What more evidence do you
need? Kat's got the best point I think I've ever heard; With every
bad move our freedoms and self values are taken away from us and
we're allowing it to happen (in fact want it to). Cob is good for us
and we're being told it isn't safe and it won't last. Those who
believe that just haven't experienced/researched the building world
yet. Think of the confidence we all would have if everyone knew how
to build their own home.

Cob on Georgia!
Damon Howell