[Cob] A Hand-built Home From the Ground Up

Mark Piepkorn duckchow at potkettleblack.com
Wed May 2 07:39:58 CDT 2007

A Hand-built Home From the Ground Up
article from Home Power, April / May 2006

excerpt:

Somewhat reluctantly, we ended up going through the county inspection
process for our home. Our inspector turned out to be reasonable and,
instead of requiring us to have the plans stamped by a local
engineer, allowed us to use Pima County, Arizona, building codes that
detail "monolithic adobe." He also allowed us to live in our house
while we were finishing it.

http://static.scribd.com/docs/gj6bww0ac94va.pdf

Includes a floor plan and cost breakdown. (Labor hours are included,
but not billed.)

Mark Piepkorn
www.potkettleblack.com

It is not the activity of the present moment
but wise reflections from the past
that help us to safeguard the future.
   - Proust