[Cob] [Washington DC Cob] party time

raduazo at aol.com raduazo at aol.com
Thu May 3 07:06:08 CDT 2007

  On Sunday May 6 from 3-5 PM Clarindon will have a playground
dedication ceremony. Anyone who helped to construct the two cob
playhouses or the cob/straw bale bicycle shed are welcomed to attend. I
wish I had written down and kept track of everyone's E-mail address,
but I am not very well organized. Some of my volunteers came from as
far away as Pennsylvania and New York State. If you would like to
receive pictures of the finished structures please send me an E-mail
request at raduazo at cox.net. (This AOL address does not do pictures very
well.)

  Anyway the two cob houses are beautiful. One has been finished with
red clay and paper plaster and the other is a brown paper plaster.
  The shed is quite functional and adequate to prove the concept of a
straw bale house supported by a cob wall. I wish they had watered
plants on the living roof to get them established, and I wish they had
let me put glass in the wall of the shed, but the finished product is
not bad.

  Directions in case you forgot how to get there: Take the George
Washington Memorial highway north to Spout run.
  Follow Spout Run to the end and go through the light. Keep going
straight till you reach 13th street.
 Take a left on 13th street which makes a right and left jog.
 At the stop sign you will see a church in from of you on the left.
  Drive around the church and park in the church parking lot or anywhere
else that you can find parking. The church playground is 20 yards
beyond the parking lot.
 Ed
from AOL at AOL.com.