[Cob] Book recommendations: Live Simply?

drub drub at pobox.com
Thu May 3 21:58:15 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Such interesting conversations and information appear on this list.  Thanks!

I hope this is not too far off topic.  I think not ..

I am *convinced* we are near the end of an era (or eras).  We now *must*
make fundamental lifestyle changes.  I'm preparing myself for the
transition.  Getting finances in order, preparing the property to sell,
shopping for the next location, planning for the next occupation, etc, etc.

Any recommendations on books to coach a person out of the dependence on high
income, high dwelling expenses, the conventional suburban lifestyle.  I am
*certain* they exist.  Hope that folks with the cob perspective would have
some of the best perspectives.  I could use a few recipes. I could use
"lessons learned" and not re-invent the wheel.  I could use some "best
practices".

Of *course* this planning includes a cob building!

Many Thanks!

David