[Cob] cob and The Code

paul dotpaul at paulleblanc.net
Thu May 3 22:52:30 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dulane" <silkworm at spiderhollow.com>
To: "joe r dupont" <joedupont at juno.com>
Cc: <coblist at deatech.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Cob] cob and The Code

> There's that alright. I was wondering if anyone would bring that up. And
> the
> counties here in the US where you can build without code, there is no
> economy.

That is a major concern.  It can only work if you make the numbers (for
retirement, for instance) work, or make the income numbers work.  For
younger people it seems like an impossible dream.  For people ready to
retire the numbers might work if you're off grid (assuming you have saved
and/or have SS.)  Central America and South America also have tremendously
good property values in comparison to North America and Europe.