[Cob] building codes rant

paul dotpaul at paulleblanc.net
Fri May 4 22:43:34 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marlin Nissen" <marlin_nissen at yahoo.com>
To: <coblist at deatech.com>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Cob] building codes rant

> The more laws that you make,
> the greater the number of criminals.- paraphrasing from the Tao Te Ching

A law is something to beat, to outsmart, to defeat for profit.  It sets the
rules, it defines the challenge, and if you're smart enough to go around the
rules, you win.  That is the general idea of politics and law enforcement
(aiding and abetting drug dealers.)

On the other hand, the wrong end of a shotgun is not like a rule to get
around.

Now if that makes your stomach a bit squeamish, I'll scale back to a pitch
fork.  I fully believe that we'd have no terrorism on the planet if every
citizen was armed with a minimum of a pitch fork. Who would pull out a box
cutter on a plane with 100 people sitting there with pitch forks next to
them?  Nobody, and that's my point.  The airlines need to have pitch fork or
shotgun racks for each row and that's the end of terrorism.

It's also the end of building codes, but that's an aside.