[Cob] Thanks....

paul dotpaul at paulleblanc.net
Fri May 4 23:03:18 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian L" <sacredoakcreations at yahoo.com>
To: <coblist at deatech.com>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 11:07 AM
Subject: [Cob] Thanks....

> Hey all.
> I'm new to cob list and to cob. First I want to say
> thanks to everyone for keeping the ideas flowing. It's
> great hearing about other's projects and ideas. I have
> yet to get my hands dirty but have seen a home and
> would love to see more! I've fallen in love with cob
> thats for sure! I 've been reading up all I can about
> building with cob. I've always had a dream to build my
> own home and cob feels to me the best way I can make
> my dream come true. Currently I live in a yurt on my
> uncle's nursery but the situation here isn't ideal for
> a cob. But being a younger guy with very limited
> income I find the prospects of finding a peice of land
> for my future home a bit daunting. Any suggestions or
> ideas any of you might have? Thanks again!
> Brian :)

Hi Brian and welcome.

Have you checked out Eugene or Corvallis, Oregon on the west coast of the
US?  Lots of clay soil out there, and I would rank the people as the best
you could find anywhere.

Real estate is less than many other places, but the economy isn't that
robust.  But the people scene is really great.  Corvallis and Eugene are
both university towns, so you wouldn't be left without dating possibilities.