[Cob] Brick roof tiles

Ron Becker ron45 at tularosa.net
Wed May 9 19:18:57 CDT 2007

While I'm no expert here, but it seems to me that thermal and
insulation serve two different purposes.  Thermass in walls and floors
serves a better purpose. Thermal mass in a roof doesn't seem like a
good idea. It would add a lot of costs to support the weight. This is a
better place for light insulation. It's much easier and cheaper to
reflect unwanted heat at the roof's exterior surface. Light clay straw
might be a slightly heaver but  more desirable option over fiberglass.
And I don't think clay straw burns very well.

Ron
Those who question global warming have a financial or emotional
interest in the status quo.