[Cob] Are you willing

Tom Johnson arlintj at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 21:51:57 CDT 2007

I met with my legislator today to discuss the possibility of amending the building code for the State of Washington.  At his suggestion I am starting with the Pima County Code and Amendments.  Washington is more seismically active than Arizona.  Any help from professionals with suggestions about changes to meet our needs would be greatly appreciated.

  If you have undertaken this process I would love to hear from you.  I understand that many other counties in California may have adopted this code as well.  Which ones and how is that working out.  Especially as California shakes as much or more than we do.

  In speaking with him I found that these things tend to snowball.  That is that the more counties and states which adopt something the easier is seems for the rest to get on board.  Given that we should all be trying to introduce legislation in our own areas.

  Also any information about code provisions at the international level would be helpful.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.