[Cob] Coblist Digest, Vol 5, Issue 27

paul dotpaul at paulleblanc.net
Thu May 10 22:11:25 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stonebears" <stonebears at comcast.net>
To: <coblist at deatech.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Cob] Coblist Digest, Vol 5, Issue 27

>I absolutely do not want code for cob right now ... we are still
> experimenting and the only thing code will do is limit the growth
> natural building in general need. I'm sick of paying through the nose to
> take care of my own sheltering need.

I'm with you.

What about educational-based, non-binding, non-legal certification of a plan
for a fee?  This is called consulting I guess, but to gather some good
people into a loosely formed group who have a consistent technology, that
sounds OK to me.  If nothing else, this list acts as a funnel for possible
consultants.  I've noticed guys out there like Shody who I don't really know
but by now I trust them and would hire them in a heart beat.  If other
people were part of an organized group who made their services available I'd
also consider them.  I look at it this way:  If I  need the help, and they
need the money, why not?  That is the basis of a community in a way.  They
have what I need and I have what they need, so why not trade?

As far as the city or county goes, I have a 12 guage pump action with their
names etched on the shells.  I have a farmer hat and pitchfork and I'll spit
chewing tobacco in their eye too.  What better place for a toxic fireball?