[Cob] finding stats

James from House Alive james at housealive.org
Thu May 24 12:20:42 CDT 2007

Are any cob houses built with gothic arch windows and
> doors?

I've never seen one, but it shouldn't be a problem to do it.  I'd recommend
at least a foot of cob above your arch.

is there a common way to make
> a possitive connection like that when installing
> rafters on a cob wall?

Wrap a heavy gauge wire around a piece of wood, put the wood on top of the
wall and bury it with at least 18" of cob.  Run the wires up through the
cob, and attach them to the rafters by tying, and/or using screws or
staples.

Good luck,
James

--
"I am not particularly interested in saving time: I'd rather enjoy it."
-Eduardo Galeano

James L Thomson
7540 Griffin Lane
Jacksonville, OR