[Cob] Cobber looking to cob

joe r dupont joedupont at juno.com
Sun Jun 10 14:19:03 CDT 2007

I kind of doubt it.
if you had a heat sink.. something that is big, has a lot of mass and
will assume earth temp, then you might have a plan.
holes drilled at the base of the house will draw air through mass that is
generally colder than the outside air, especially if on the north side.
HOwever if there were a great pressure drop..the thin air would assume
that temp and when the pressure increases  inside the house I would think
it would get hotter. the pressures differences are so slight that I doubt
that it would matter.
Earth Pipes are a straight foward way to go.. cheap corrugated PE pipe
that flexes.. 4" ID  put it down  8 feet and you have either cold air
increase to earth temp .. or hot air reduced to earth temp.
If the angle is correct you can put a sump pump and collect condesation
too.
some people complain about mold..
but I love the idea.
you can use a solar chimney to draw the air into the house. The more sun
the more draw..