[Cob] converting a log home

joe r dupont joedupont at juno.com
Tue Jul 3 12:07:05 CDT 2007

 Well there may be some termite issues which maybe treated by washing
down the walls with boric acid.
Why both sides???  I would consider a paper crete layer on chicken wire
on the inside.. nice a bright.. and good insulation.
and put the cob on the outside. maybe put a vapor barrier between..  make
it thicker on the bottom..and thinner on top
causing it to slight push in against the building rather than pulling a
way.  You might pu a few  rope loops between the building and the cob
wall.
You might want to recess the southern side and put the appropriate winter
slant and imbed panes of glass with  say an inch or so cob boarder.
it would weather protect most of it and heat up the cob beneath..