[Cob] Looking to buy small ammounts of Clay

Ocean Liff-Anderson ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Sat Jul 7 04:42:59 CDT 2007

You won't find clay at Lowe's - they only sell industrial building
materials!  Want to find clay?  Look at any road cut.  You're looking
for sticky earth which forms a good wet ball that doesn't break when
dropped.

Of course this depend on where you are geographically and
geologically.  Clay is very common throughout the United States,
usually just under the topsoil in most river bottom-land or areas
that have sedimentary geology.   If you see cracks in the ground
during dry months, there is probably lots of clay in the subsoil.

Ask local builders (especially those doing foundation work) and local
gardeners (who find clay a challenge)...

Good luck, and congratulations on our marriage!

Ocean
http://www.wildfirecorvallis.com
http://www.peacemaking.org