[Cob] dirt ball treats-Looking to buy small ammounts of Clay

Dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine tms at northcoast.com
Sat Jul 7 14:11:30 CDT 2007

yellow pages will have" pottery supply"  houses-- most are owned by
artists, so look under that section-

  get a 50 pound box of pure pottery clay for about $12- $20 .  many
colors are avail... but mostly  soft grey.

the others told you about a road cut. etc.     if you have a STREAM
nearby, dig down a foot by the edge of the stream and you will find
clay-- anywhere there is running water is clay ( that's what holds the
water in the stream/river, otherwise it would just sink into the earth
as in a rainstorm).

Plants that indicate clay are  Skunk Cabbage, Horsetail and  Buttercups
( sometiemes)

good luck

I have a recipe for clay and dry coffee grounds to make a " surprize
dirt ball" you put a favor or trinket inside so the person can break
open the ball for the toy ( it's for kids but adults love a treasure
too!)  email me back for the recipe.

many blessings as you enter this new stage of life...

Charmaine