[Cob] Flood resistance - higher!

Jon Kerr jonskerr at visi.com
Sun Jul 22 21:29:13 CDT 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 10:11 AM, paul wrote:

> So, zero hope even with a little cement mixed in?  Even with
> "creative"
> plastering?

The thing I seem to remember from my reading is to build the
foundation higher than the 1000-year flood level. In some
circumstances this might give you the cob equivalent of a japanese
castle with ten feet of stone and the cob on top, but it'd stand
above flood levels, and with a concrete reinforcement layer on the
top it'd stand up to earthquakes pretty well too.

Jon

http://www.freehugscampaign.org/index.php?categoryid=1