[Cob] Natural Building Colloquium Invitation - October 19-28

billc billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Sun Jul 29 00:29:26 CDT 2007

Natural Building Colloquium Invitation
<http://www.naturalbuildingtexas.org>

In the spirit of strengthening and expanding our community of those
interested in sustainable building, central Texas invites you to
attend a Natural Building Colloquium, October 19-28. Colloquia are
gatherings of people ranging from experienced to simply curious who
come to learn from each other, to synergize their experience and to
remind themselves of their larger vision.

Oct 19-28... come one weekend, two weekends or all ten days
Quiet Valley Ranch, Kerrville, TX

In our case, the vision is of a lifestyle and building culture that
could repeat itself indefinitely through successive generations. With
careful searching many of us have concluded that the use of locally
abundant, unprocessed materials such as earth, stone, straw and
native timber provide the structure with which to achieve this
vision. Cob, strawbale, adobe, earthbag, leichtlehm (straw-clay), and
timber frame are a few of the types of systems that exemplify this
philosophy. Natural buildings become pieces of art created with soul
and purpose.

Permaculture, or "permanent agriculture," helps us integrate human
patterns into the landscape surrounding our homes.   As originated by
Bill Mollison, permaculture is the practice of designing sustainable
human habitats by following nature's patterns, integrating ecology,
landscape, organic
gardening, architecture and agroforestry.

There are other important aspects as well: delicious food that
nourishes the body, music, laughter, creativity, families of all
sorts, eager minds and willing hands. We seek to create homes that
comfort the body and lift the soul. If you possess or aspire to any
of the above, we invite you to join us this fall.

Details on presenters, registration, costs, meals and accomodations at
   <http://www.naturalbuildingtexas.org>

Early registration deadline August 15th
We hope to see you in Texas this October!

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>