[Cob] decorative glass windows

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:32:07 CDT 2007

  I think it was in a cordwood book where I first saw the bottle windows.
It was like what Ed mentioned with the clear glass on the outside and the
colored bottle on the inside but they used  a piece of aluminum flashing on
the inside of the bottle to fill out to the necessary length.  But listening
to this conversation it made me wonder how hard it would be to go the next
step and make this set up into a kaliedoscope.  If it were possible it would
be a cool thing to be able to embed a homemade kaliedoscope right into the
cob wall.  Especially in a kids room.
   Also was wondering if instead of the normal size of wine bottle has
anyone  tried using the oversized budget wino sized bottles to set into a
wall?

http://liveearth.msn.com