[Cob] decorative glass windows

yew yewberry at wavecable.com
Tue Jul 31 17:29:43 CDT 2007

Dulane wrote:

 >Brina has a fat colored bottle
 >enclosed by another fat clear
 >bottle in her bench.

Yup.  I've also got a faux-Carnival glass bowl and a fish bowl
aluminum-foiled together in there.  The key is to keep whatever covering
you're using from collapsing around the necks and restricting the
light.  I find short-necked bottles without a lot of taper work best if
you're using two bottles rather than a bottle and a jar.  The space
between can be spanned with anything fairly rigid and fairly
waterproof.  I'll be using this method in my little cottage:

http://home.wavecable.com/~yewberry/bottle_end.jpg

It's a soy milk box wrapped around two wine cooler bottles (brand name
"Peels"--they have very short necks and a few of my girlier friends
enjoy them).  The inside is foil-lined and slightly reflective (thought
not as much as foil).  They don't fall apart when they get wet and they
hold up pretty well at the bottle necks.

Brina