[Cob] Gravel Bag Foundations

Georgie Donais georgie at busygirl.ca
Wed Aug 8 16:36:52 CDT 2007

   Michael,
   This sounds similar to earthbag foundations. In Doni Kiffmeyer/Kaki
   Hunter's book Earthbag Building, they talk about a first course of
   gravel-filled bags, followed by however many courses of earthbags
   (rammed earth mixture of sand, clay and water). The earth can be
   stabilized, though in our case, bcs we had insulated and
   water-protected the perimeter, we used raw, unstabilized earth. Here
   are some pics: [1]http://tinyurl.com/2rg5b9
   Georgie
   [2]www.cobinthepark.ca