[Cob] waterproofing the bermed side

Leslie Moyer Unschooler at atlasok.com
Thu Aug 30 12:24:36 CDT 2007

No experience, but I've been wrestling with a similar situation (a
project still in development) and my plan is to use a layer (or two) of
used carpeting next to the primary wall (fluffy side out), then a layer
of pond liner (EPDM), then another layer of carpet (fluffy side toward
the liner), then a thick layer of gravel (to act as a french drain) and
then a layer of high-quality (thick) landscape filter fabric (to keep
the voids in the gravel from filling with soil particles.

The carpet serves to protect the EPDM from punctures from any sharp edges.

--Leslie