[Cob] cobbing pics

fran fran2000a1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 20:53:32 CDT 2007

Here's a link to a few pictures.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1906233

I welcome comments or suggestions.  I won't be living in
this little building.  It will be storage and a safe room
from storms since I'm in a mobile homes.  The trench was
dug only 12 inches and lined with landscape fabric and then
filled with gravel.  Trenches were also dug on the downhill
side and then connected with  3 spokes going out into my
blueberries also downhill.  Our freeze line here is 3 - 4
inches, so I am not worried about heaving.

I built a small half moon berm above the building about 8
inches at the highest point, we don't have a water problem
and I am located on a small hill.  The stem wall is only
about 15 inches, but I plan a large overhang roof.  Also
I'm going to use mosaic of tiles on the lower portion of
the walls to help reflect water splash.

It's going slowly, but only because of my physical
limitations.  I'm having fun, but wonderlng of course if
I'm doing the actual cobbing the right way. Making a
special effort to join each cob to the previous day's work.