[Cob] Rocket Stove

Barbara Roemer & Glenn Miller roemiller at infostations.net
Wed Sep 26 22:09:33 CDT 2007

After Bernhard posted the notice of the cob mass heater, Bryan wrote:

> Burning wood is not healthy living.  lp is much smarter.   If you have to
> use wood burning for cooking heat whatever then a rocket stove is best for
> clean burning but plans are free for the google search you don't have to pay
> for them.
To which Paul added a good link.

I'd add, in addition to the complications of a mass heater, that a friend
who's had Cob Cottage training has rebuilt his mass heater the second time
in order to get satisfactory results ( now it's great, but it has taken a
lot of tweaking based on the experience of really living with it).  He's
built several now, so benefiting from someone else's experience seems well
worth it in this case.

Also, of burning wood not being "healthy living," neither is an extractive
industry like production and trucking of lp.  We use it, too, but with
acreage, downed wood provides us and many others with a lifetime of an
on-site resource that we burn in an EPA II very efficient wood stove, in
addition to the mass we've incorporated to store the heat.  So, like most
other issues, the answer is more like, "it depends...."

Bryan and others, please snip your posts rather than include all of the
quoted, could be excerpted post of the one you're responding to.  Those of
us with slow connections really appreciate it.  Thanks for the
consideration!

Barbara