[Cob] cob location

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 20:29:29 CST 2007

I feel your sadness too. I'm here in Los Angeles and I just got turned down by Universal to display my cob models and booth because of space requirements. It's not like they are too big. All the other so called green exhibits will not take the low tech approah and many normal people will miss the real green. It's set up for national TV coverage too.
  Ray

Damon Howell <dhowell at pickensprogress.com> wrote:
  Dean and everyone else,
I think most of us who are into earth building would agree that in
order to live within walking distance of amenities and such there
will have to be a shift in the human psyche. Those who are interested
should be concerning themselves with "converting" the general
population to "accept" earth buildings as "desirable". If this
doesn't happen we will forever be outcasts of society and will
forever be battling for something as ridiculous as what we choose to
live in. If you want to build with Earth, do a lot of research on how
"they" want you to build (codes), and build way above their standards
and they will start talking to others about how they know somebody
that lives in a mud hut and it's the most comfortable house they've
every been in, but most of all it is a better quality house than what
we're used to living in. If you build, at least your friends and
neighbors will see it and they are bound to tell their friends. It's
a snowball that is gaining recognition. "Are you a part of this
snowball?" is the question.

Damon in North GA