[Cob] Screen for Fascia - to hold the living roof up there?

James from House Alive james at housealive.org
Thu Nov 8 00:51:45 CST 2007

On 11/7/07, Dulane <silkworm at spiderhollow.com> wrote:

> Has anyone used strips of 1/4 screen (or similar) for fascia on a round
> sod/moss roof?

We have used chicken wire in the way you describe, by tacking it in to
the rafter ends and then stuffing straw behind it.  You end up not
being able to see the wire or the edge of the EPDM.  There are a
couple pictures of the cabin here:
http://www.housealive.org/pictures/4.html?g2_itemId=312
though it's a little hard to see the roof details.

Good luck,
James

--
"If success or failure of this planet and of human beings depended on
how I am and what I do...How would I be? What would I do?"

James L Thomson
7540 Griffin Lane
Jacksonville, OR  97530
(617) 851-9628