[Cob] cob location

Tom Gorman tom at honeychrome.com
Thu Nov 8 15:33:00 CST 2007

Damon hit it on the head with the need for there to be a "shift in
the human psyche," and it is going to be a long (hope we have the
time), hard battle.  Codes, like so many other legal edifices, may
have begun with good intentions (though I wonder if attempting to
protect people from their own ignorance or stupidity is ultimately a
good idea!) but has now become just as much a program to protect and
maintain industry and thus an economy built on the notion of
perpetual and unlimited growth and consumption.  From the perspective
of industry and the economy we can't have people deciding to learn to
build their own houses out of no/low cost materials- to remove such a
substantial chunk from the economy would spell its collapse.  If we
don't manage to change the foundations of out growth economy, we'll
change nothing.