[Cob] Thailand!

Stephen Karrington sales at diamondcard.us
Sat Nov 10 00:12:55 CST 2007

> Damon hit it on the head with the need for there to be a "shift in
> the human psyche," and it is going to be a long (hope we have the
> time), hard battle.  Codes, like so many other legal edifices, may
> have begun with good intentions (though I wonder if attempting to
> protect people from their own ignorance or stupidity is ultimately a
> good idea!) but has now become just as much a program to protect and
> maintain industry and thus an economy built on the notion of
> perpetual and unlimited growth and consumption.  From the perspective
> of industry and the economy we can't have people deciding to learn to
> build their own houses out of no/low cost materials- to remove such a
> substantial chunk from the economy would spell its collapse.  If we
> don't manage to change the foundations of out growth economy, we'll
> change nothing.

May I humbly suggest THAILAND! No building codes, no restrictions,
no hassles, and quite possibly, no paper deed. Well, you just can't
have everything :)

Thailand photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/12405284@N00/. Check
out the land photos. Average cost for GORGEOUS land is 20k to 100k/rai.
The higher pricing gets you paperwork the lower pricing gets you land
without some kind of paperwork. Then of course there is location
issues too. But that's the general area of pricing I have encountered.

1 rai = 0.395 acres. 10 rai's = 3.95 acres. 1 US Dollar (USD) = 31.27 Thai Baht (THB)