[Cob] Coblist Kahuna Notice - Re: Please delete the entry below...

Shannon Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Nov 9 01:52:38 CST 2007

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 robinson at on.aibn.com wrote:

> PLease delete this entry.  Thank you.
>
> http://www.deatech.com/pipermail/coblist/2001/004092.html

As I have had a few requests like this recently, I am including the list
in my response:

I don't delete messages in the archives, it takes one to two hours
of my time (of which I have none to spare) to make the change to the
master copy and rebuild the archives.  The only exception to this rule is
if a computer virus makes it through the spam and virus filters into the
archives (this has only happened twice in 11 years).

Everyone is warned their messages will be displayed on the web, including
email addresses when they join the list, and told if this is a concern
they need to use a throw away email address such as a Yahoo account.  This
warning dates back to the earliest years of the list (well before the
message mentioned above), so there is no excuse for anyone to complain
they weren't warned.  It is impossible to subscribe to the list without
receiving the warning, if you choose not to read it that is neither my
fault nor my problem.

Note: if your reason for wanting a message to be removed is concerns
about your email address being harvested by spammers, there is no reason
to be concerned about the message continuing to be displayed, spammers
already have your email address and removing it from the web will have no
significant effect on the amount of spam you receive.  Once an email is
found by spammers they trade email lists, sell them to new spammers, etc.
nothing you can do will ever cause it to cease to be spammed or get it
off their lists.  Email filters are the only viable solution.