[Cob] Arches

michael montagne intruegravity at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:27:31 CST 2007

Here's a thought.  I just finished a book featuring lots of church
architecture in the middle ages.  Stone arches and vaults everywhere.
There seems to be similarities between cob and stone.  Why doesn't
anyone build graceful gothic arches from cob and then span between
them with wood?  Would it even work?  Too time consuming to
contemplate?  Or are just accustomed to post and beam style so we try
and duplicate that?  Inquiring minds (mind) are wondering......

-mjm