[Cob] Arches

Shody Ryon qi4u at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 19:53:01 CST 2007

--- "joedupont at juno.com" <joedupont at juno.com> wrote:

> seems to me that once you have your dome shell or
> vault out of bags, etc. the more you build up on the
> outside the stronger it will be.

Wouldn't it depend on the compressive strength of the
cob? If it were covered with more cob I think it would
get stronger if the bottom and areas with more weight
got bigger proportionally, but that is a pure guess.

I think the bags are often left on and covered with
earth plaster, asphalt emulsion, stucco, plaster or
calcium lime.
Cheers,
Rudiger

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs