[Cob] earthen floors

Jill Hogan jill.hogan at mat.org.za
Sat Nov 17 02:01:36 CST 2007

I have beautiful floors that I did with lime render. I dug down 20cm put 10cm of stone in which I stamped and stamped and stamped ageain, then a 10cm layer of cob. left that to dry and then put two layers of lime render, two days apart. When the render was dry I sealed it with 1st layer linseed oil, 2nd layer 1/4 turps and 3/4 linseed oil, third layer half and half and four layer 3/4 turps and 1/4 linseed but to this layer added 2parts beeswax to 3 parts turps/linseed. Buffed it and floor is beautiful.
Have put floor in many of the houses I have restores and always beautiful

regards Jill
Minimum energy for maximum production

www.mat.org.za
023 625 1533